Freckles Arrival

Freckles Arrival

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The not so distant future!

Shes coming on Friday of next week.  I'm both excited and nervous!  Gary and I decided that we are going to take our foster dog to our own vet and pay for her medical care.  I guess it's our way of trying to help the rescue and minimize the stress on Random Five Year Old Foster Female (Kowalski dog #5).  It will be easier on the little girl if she is very close to our house for the spay.  She wont have to go through another long car ride.  She'll have been through enough.  I have so many feelings about this.  I hope she gets along with the other dogs.  I hope she dosen't stress them out.  As a control freak, I hope I get "a good one."...Isn't that awful to say?  You sign up to help and you don't really get to pick...but it's hard to let go of control and take who needs you instead of having a choice about it.

I just found out that we have to turn down some dogs in need at the rescue due to lack of fosters and funds.  It breaks my heart and makes me want to foster more than one...then I settle back into the feeling of general anxiety over fostering one and it think to myself, "Lets just see how this one goes for a while, shall we?"

1 comment:

  1. It gets easier with time, Chrissa (of course it's also, addictive - fostering, that is)

    You come to learn that you can adapt to almost anything in terms of a new foster the more you do it.

    Thanks for sharing your experiences!

    ReplyDelete